The Belterra Marlins are proud to announce our 2019 Scholarship. Monies are to be used for further education after high school. If you are interested in becoming a recipient, see the details below.
Requirements to be eligible for a Belterra Marlin Swim Team Scholarship:
- Must be between 15-18 years old, by May 1st per team guidelines.
- Registered Belterra Marlin swimmer.
- Participate as a junior coach (must apply for the position.)
- Complete at least 25 volunteer hours for the Marlins.
- Applicants can be recipients for the maximum of three years.
- Actively participate in all swim meets as a junior coach and swimmer.
- Write an essay (no more than a page) to the Marlin coaches and Board members explaining why swimming and being a part of the Marlin team is so important to you. Please include your full name, birthdate, and address.
- The essay should be turned in to Coach Holly or emailed to BelterraSwimTeam@gmail.com by June 17, 2019.
Scholarship winner(s) will be announced at the Belterra Marlin Swim Team party.
Cassie: The Belterra Marlins team is a big aspect of my life, it allows me to swim and coach for a wonderful group of children. Being with my friends and team is my favorite way to spend summer. I have no way to describe how much this team means to me, it has enhanced my love for swimming and given me a place in the pool as a swimmer and as a coach, and there is nothing I would trade it for.
Brady: I have been a junior coach for two years now and have been swimming with the Marlins for nine years. The reason being apart of the Marlins is important to me is because I love swimming and coaching for the swim team. It gives me a chance to change a kid’s overall day, and more importantly, life. Swimming is important to me because it brings me joy, has been a traditional part of my summers, gets me involved in my community, and has helped me this summer recover from my broken arm.
Sean: Swimming has been a part of my entire life. I learned to swim as a toddler and have been swimming ever since. When I moved to Texas, I joined the Belterra Barracudas my first summer here and have been participating on the Belterra Marlins swim team since it began 10 years ago. I always have a bunch of fun on the team each year. In the beginning it was because of my friends, but as I grew older it became about just enjoying swimming. Now, I enjoy junior coaching and plan to continue through high school, and hopefully Assistant Coach during my college years.
I was born in the beautiful Bay Area in San Jose California. Soon after I started walking I was already in the pool and have been swimming ever since. When I moved to Austin Texas, I joined the Belterra Marlins in 2008 and have been swimming with the team for 10 years. I also continue swimming as part of the Dripping Springs High School swim team where I lettered and made regionals my freshman year. Over the past 3 years I've had the opportunity to be a junior coach for my childhood team. None of this would have been possible if I hadn’t been part of the Marlins. I am honored to be the first recipient of the Belterra Marlins scholarship award.